Lobby Night is an opportunity for Maryland constituents to meet with their State legislators and share the Catholic viewpoint on issues before the General Assembly. Whether you’re new to the Maryland Catholic Conference’s annual Lobby Night, or an old pro, we are excited to share with you the new format we’re introducing this year!
We have decided to change the date from Presidents’ Day to Shrove Tuesday on February 9, 2016, from 3-8 p.m. Because the large Senate reception rooms are not available on Monday nights, changing the date to a weeknight will allow us to host a reception in the Miller Office Building for our participants, bishops and other Catholic leaders and all members of the General Assembly. Lobby Night is one of the best attended advocacy events in Annapolis, and gathering everyone in one place will also demonstrate the great turnout we have every year when hundreds of Catholics show up in Annapolis!
The new format will include:
- Streamlined briefing at St. John Neumann Mission Church, Annapolis (3-4:30 p.m.)
- Shuttles to the state office buildings (beginning at 4:30)
- Visits with legislators to deliver postcards and discuss the Church’s stance on issues (5-6 p.m.)
- Dinner reception with legislators (6-7:30 p.m.)
- Short “Next Steps” presentation from Conference staff (7:30 p.m.)
- Shuttles available back St. John Neumann Mission Church (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
Important Note: We will NOT be making appointments this year. Your legislators will be alerted that you will be visiting their offices between 5-6 p.m. If you don’t see them in their offices, you will at the reception! Let’s show the General Assembly hundreds of Catholics packing the Senate Office building!
Registration Instructions (TWO Steps)
- The event is free but you MUST register below. There are several signup options available. If you cannot make it to Annapolis for the 3 p.m. briefings, we encourage you to join the legislative visits at 5 p.m. or the reception at 6 p.m.
- When you are done registering, click here to send your legislators a pre-drafted email telling them you’ll see them on Feb. 9!
Please promote this event in your parish, school and communities. You can find a printable flyer here.
If you do not know your legislative district, click here for instructions.