1. LATE-TERM ABORTION. Congress should pass legislation that prohibits late-term abortions except to protect a woman from death or serious risk of substantial and irreversible physical impairment.
2. CONSCIENCE PROTECTIONS. Congress should pass legislation that ensures protections for religious and moral beliefs in the provision or purchase of health coverage.
3. NONPUBLIC SCHOOLS. The reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act should continue the longstanding policy of providing educational benefits to students and teachers in private and religious schools on a basis equitable to those received by public school students and teachers.
4. IMMIGRATION. Congress should pass comprehensive, bipartisan immigration reform providing a path to citizenship for undocumented persons in the U.S., while preserving family unity and restoring due process protections to enforcement policies.
5. POVERTY. Congress should reduce future unsustainable deficits in a manner that protects poor and vulnerable people by adequately funding programs that address hunger and joblessness, and that help people rise above poverty.